THE SITE INCLUDES LINKS TO THE WEBSITES OF THIRD PARTIES. WE PROVIDE THESE LINKS AS A CONVENIENCE TO OUR USERS. THE INCLUSION OF ANY LINK DOES NOT IMPLY WHEEL WORKS' ENDORSEMENT OF ANY COMPANY, ITS WEBSITE, OR THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES IT SELLS. PLEASE NOTE THAT WHEEL WORKS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT OR THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OF ANY WEBSITE OTHER THAN OUR OWN SITE.COMPANY, ITS WEBSITE, OR THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES IT SELLS. PLEASE NOTE THAT WHEEL WORKS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT OR THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OF ANY WEBSITE OTHER THAN OUR OWN SITE.
THE SITE ALSO INCLUDES CERTAIN PAGES THAT ARE "FRAMED" TO PROVIDE INFORMATION FROM WEBSITES OF THIRD PARTIES. SUCH FRAMED PAGES WILL BE IDENTIFIED ON THE PAGE AND THE PAGE OWNER IDENTIFIED. WE PROVIDE THESE FRAMED PAGES AS A CONVENIENCE TO OUR USERS. PLEASE NOTE THAT WHEEL WORKS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT OR THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OF ANY FRAMED PAGES. THE TERMS AND POLICIES OF THE PAGE OWNER IDENTIFIED ON THE FRAMED PAGE WILL CONTROL.
Information Collection and Use.
1. Information Collection.
Wheel Works may collect information from you at several different points and
in different ways on this Site. Wheel Works will ask you for your permission before
Wheel Works collects any information that personally identifies you or allows
Wheel Works to contact you.
Wheel Works' primary goal in collecting personal information from you is
to provide you with an efficient, meaningful and customized experience.
For example, Wheel Works can use your personal information to:
- make this Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- help you quickly find information and services.
- help Wheel Works create content on this Site that is most relevant to you.
- alert you to updated information and services offered by Wheel Works.
- (a) Registration. To use this Site, or certain portions or features of the Site, you may be required to first complete an online registration form. During registration you will be prompted to provide to Wheel Works certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
- (b) Cookies. "Cookies" are small pieces of information that are stored by a user's Internet browser on a user's hard drive. The Site may store some information on your computer in the form of a cookie or similar file; however, this Site does not use permanent cookies that contain any personally identifying information, such as your name or address. The cookies allow us to recognize you when you return to our site and to provide you with a customized experience that we feel will be of value to you. Most web browsers allow you to exercise control over cookie files on your computer by erasing them, blocking them, or notifying you when such a file is stored. Please take a look at your particular browser for instructions on this function. If you do elect to disable the Site's cookies, please note that you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
- (c) Log Files. This Site automatically collects information pertaining to your access. Such information may include your Internet protocol ("IP") address as well as other connection and usage information for system administration and troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address indicates the location of your computer on the Internet.) Wheel Works does not link an IP address to any personally identifiable information.
- (d) Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. This Site is a website directed to the general public. We care about the safety and privacy of children. Therefore, we comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) and its accompanying FTC regulation that protects the privacy of children on the internet. Wheel Works does not knowingly contact or collect information from children under 13. Our site is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13. It is possible that by fraud or deception we may receive information pertaining to children under 13. If we are notified of this, as soon as we verify the information, we will immediately obtain parental consent or otherwise delete the information from our servers. If you want to notify us of our receipt of information regarding children under 13, please contact us as provided in the "Contact Us"" section of our website.
2. Information Use and Disclosure.
- (a) Internal Use. Wheel Works may identify you in connection with your use of certain aspects of this Site. For example, Wheel Works may identify you by vehicle or tire ownership to provide you with information on related products and/or promotions. Wheel Works may internally use your personal information to improve Wheel Works' marketing and promotional efforts, to improve the Site's content and/or layout, and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to this Site.
- (b) External Use. Wheel Works does not sell, rent, license or otherwise disclose your specific personal information to any third parties, other than to Wheel Works' affiliated companies without your consent. Occasionally, Wheel Works may provide statistics to outside parties about the usage of our site, but these statistics will never include any personal information about our users. Wheel Works may disclose your personal information pursuant to a court or government order.
Please note that because a customer information database is customarily considered a business asset,
Wheel Works reserves the right to transfer the database in a merger or sale of some or all of its
company or in an action for bankruptcy. Your information will continue to be treated in accordance
opportunity to change your preferences.
This Site incorporates various physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. Finally, the servers where Wheel Works stores your personal information are kept in a secure environment, behind locked doors and a firewall.
WHILE WHEEL WORKS HAS TAKEN COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS TO SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WHEEL WORKS CANNOT GUARANTEE COMPLETE SECURITY BECAUSE COMPLETE SECURITY DOES NOT PRESENTLY EXIST ON THE INTERNET.
Upon your request, Wheel Works will (a) remove your personal information from
Wheel Works' database (which might cancel your subscription to this Site or a portion of this Site);
or (b) correct or update your personal information.
You can request that Wheel Works remove, correct or update your personal information at the "Contact
Us" section of this Site.
Updates to This Policy
Wheel Works will post changes and updates on this Site so that you will always be aware of what
information Wheel Works collects, uses and distributes. Wheel Works encourages you to review this
of this Site.